4 egg yolks
1 vanilla bean
1/2 cup xylitol
1 1/2 cup full fat coconut milk
1 cup almond milk
1. Cut the vanilla bean in half lengtwise, scrape seeds and set aside
2. In a metal bowl beat the egg yolks with honey and set aside.
3. Place the coconut milk, almond milk, vanilla seeds and scraped vanilla bean in a pot and bring to boil over medium heat.
4. Remove from the heat and gradually pour it into the egg yolk mixture, whisking constantly.
5. Place the bowl over a pot filled with simmering water.
6. Stir the custard gently with a spatula until it thickens enough to coat the back of a spoon, about 10 min.
7. Remove from the heat and discard the vanilla bean.
8. Let it cool completely, refrigerate it for a couple of hours, and then pour the mixture into an ice cream maker. I like to add my home-made nutella to it at the end of that proces. Freeze it.